Thursday, November 6, 2014

Potato Cheese Soup


I LOVE Fall because it means I can make all my favorite soups again. This Potato Cheese Soup is a recipe my mom has always made and it's been one of my favorites! Here's the recipe:

Potato Cheese Soup -

3 cups water
4 cups chopped potatoes (I use peeled russets)
1 cup celery chopped
1 cup carrots chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion (or 1/4 cup dry onion)

1/2 cup butter melted
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups milk

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

And here's how to make it:

Start by boiling 3 cups of water in a large pot. Throw in your chopped veggies, cover, and let cook over medium heat until soft (about 15-20 minutes). They should look like this when finished with a little water left over.
In a separate medium sized pot melt your stick of butter, add flour, salt, and mix well. Then add your 4 cups of milk and cook that mixture on medium high heat until it thickens while stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes).
Without draining the water from the veggies add that cream mixture to the big pot.
Add your 2 cups of cheddar cheese and stir it in until it melts.
Here is what it should look like in the end. This soup is really good in a bread bowl! It's thick and creamy and oh-so delicious! If you try it out let me know how you like it in the comments below. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Made this delicious recipe on Saturday and it was SO yummy, easy and made a good amount. The tutorial was very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I'm so glad you tried this recipe and enjoyed it. It's one of my favorite soups to make.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions you have. If you have questions about my posts I will try to get back to you here in the comments section as soon as I can. Thanks!

-Brittney