Sunday, November 16, 2014

Master Bedroom Makeover


When we bought our house the master bedroom didn't need too much help. It just needed a fresh coat of paint, can lights in the ceiling, and that was basically it.
Here's a picture of the master bedroom before. It just had cream colored walls with a ceiling that matched. Just a boring blah color...
The first thing to do was choose a wall color. I knew I wanted something neutral and light so I looked at a few greige colors. I ended up choosing Benjamin Moore's Edgecomb gray which I'm very happy with. It looks lighter in the daytime sunlight but darkens up at night. We painted the ceiling Pure White by Behr.
 The finished walls.
 
 Trying to paint the baseboards with a little toddler on your lap is tricky work!
We were going to keep the original carpet which was just a tan color but since we had a flood from the swamp cooler that ruined it we "had" to re-carpet the whole upstairs. (I'm grateful for that flood now that it's over with because we got to fix up more of the house than we were originally going to.) We chose this darker brown/gray color from Giant Carpet One. It's pretty speckled when you look at it up close so it hides everything. I was very happy with the service I received there and I love how soft and full this carpet is! (I'll have to look up the exact color and brand it is.) 
I bought our bedroom furniture from Actionwood furniture in Salt Lake City. Their prices were very decent and I love the color and style of the bed, nightstands, and dresser. I got the recliner a few years ago from Ashley furniture but you can also order Ashley furniture at Actionwood.
The pillows are from Shopko. I always forget about Shopko but they had these pillows for 50% off when I went to look there so the price was right and I loved the gray and yellow colors. The cream duvet cover is just one I picked up from Smith's Marketplace and the sheets are from Tuesday Morning.
In our other house we only had one nightstand so I for sure wanted one on both sides of the bed. It's nice having a place to put all my books, alarm, cell phone charger, and what not and not having to share it with my husband.
I love the little window nook in this room and having this comfy chair there is a perfect spot to read and relax! The only thing left I need to get is a tall reading lamp right behind this chair. And maybe a cute valance to go over the window...
I still have a pile of stuff to organize on my dresser so don't mind that but here's how it looks in the room.
 
Overall I'm happy with the way our master bedroom turned out. It was a fun project and now it's nice to just enjoy this room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions you have. If you have questions about my posts I will try to get back to you here in the comments section as soon as I can. Thanks!

-Brittney