Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie


My Aunt, Helen, gave me this delicious chicken pot pie recipe. My kids love it and so do I! It's also a great recipe to make extras of and freeze for later.


Chicken Pot Pie -

1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cooked chopped onion
1 1/2 cup frozen peas and corn
1 can diced carrots
2 cups cooked chicken cubed

Mix all ingredients together and spoon into prepared crusts.

Pie Crust -

2 cups flour
1 cup shortening
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup cold water

Combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water little at a time, tossing with fork until dough forms a ball. Shape dough into two balls, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out dough. Line 2 small pie tins or 1 large pie tin with dough. Add filling. Put remaining dough on top of pie. Trim, seal, and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions you have. If you have questions about my posts I will try to get back to you here in the comments section as soon as I can. Thanks!

-Brittney