Friday, January 2, 2015

Dollar Store Organizing


Happy New Years everyone! One of my New Year's resolutions is to get my house my more organized. One small project I tackled on New Year's Day was my bathroom drawer that was driving me nuts! We moved into our home 6 months ago and I still hadn't gotten it organized the way I wanted. So I went to the Dollar Store and bought some cute, cheap little plastic organizers and went to town. Here's how it turned out:
This is what my drawer looked like before. Everything was just thrown in there and it was a mess! It was hard to find anything and not functional at all.
These are the little plastic containers I found at the Dollar Store. It's always hit and miss what they have but they usually have some type of plastic baskets like these. You can see they were 2 and 3 for a dollar so I spent a total of $4 for this project. Wahoo!
And here's how the drawer looks now. Everything has a place and it's all organized into sections. It's so nice to just look in quickly and know where to find something.
 
 
After I finished this drawer, I even had extra baskets left over to organize my kids' bathroom drawer. I love this drawer now and I feel so much better when I open it and see everything in its place! Now onto my next project...
 
If you have any organizing projects that need to be done and you don't want to spend a fortune on them check out your local Dollar Store first and see what helpful tools you can find.
 
And if you need help getting motivated to start organizing check out my favorite YouTube organizer at Home Organizing by Alejandra.tv. She has some great tips and tricks and something about watching her makes me want to get organized too! Here's one of her videos on Cheap Storage Ideas:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions you have. If you have questions about my posts I will try to get back to you here in the comments section as soon as I can. Thanks!

-Brittney